Re: [NTLK] (-1) error with NCU and Windows

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Fri Aug 12 2005 - 20:01:36 PDT

Well first off have several instances of slowdown.exe which others have
mentioned. Another thing to check is your FIFO buffers on your serial
port. Don't turn them off but rather set them one notch from the lowest
setting. It should be under device manger, serial ports, then advanced.
  You might also try it on the lowest setting you can set it, but don't
turn them off. This has worked for several people including myself.

Another option is getting a USB to serial adapter like Keyspan's. I get
a more stable connection with that on one of my systems than with the
built in serial port. Depends on your system though. I suspect that
with the FIFO buffers on the lowest setting it should work for you.
Also try just backing up and not sync. Do a FULL backup not a
incremental (don't have any files in the backup folder when you start).
  Also freeze any extra packages that are often 'active', this has been
known to help at times.

-Dan