Re: [NTLK] Palm Projection Keyboard \ Newtway v2.0

From: John Charlton (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 17:33:09 PDT

Can't speak for the projection keyboard, but way way back in 1979
when I started hacking I used a "no moving parts" keyboard. Very
cool, but quite useless for the reasons you mention. Worse still, you
couldn't actually *touch* the keyboard because it would be
registering hits, so you had to hover above it, and then weren't sure
exactly where the keys were and your hands and arms would get tired.
As a touch typist it was frustrating. I wouldn't totally agree about
laptop keyboards. While they're not the height in ergonomics you
don't need a lot of action, just a good feedback, to tell you that a
key was struck.