Re: [NTLK] Palm Projection Keyboard \ Newtway v2.0

From: Newton (newton_at_spymac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 15:29:25 PDT

I like the idea of that invisible kbd, but I can't imagine how the feel and
touch in real life will be. Probably will it be not intuitively useable.
E.g. one will not be able to write w/o looking onto the projection surface.
I think we all get the real writing speed of 180 hits per minute (or do you
less ;-) ONLY and solely with a certain minimum mechanical action of
pressing down something (called key) by several millimeters. In our
under-concicousness we adjust the position of our fingertips according to
the concave form of the keys and only by that we can speed-up sigificantly.
As soon as we go to a kbd with e.g. less mechanical action (laptop kbd) or
flat keys our writing speed goes down.
Exactly this is my personal reason to keep the Newton: With cursive HWR I'm
as fast as with kbd.
Marco