Re: [NTLK] Newton GPS prob: "GPS: 0" -----

From: RAParker (RAParker_at_Quadzilla.NET)
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 07:54:04 PDT

On Friday, April 29, 2005, at 01:24 AM, DJ Vollkasko wrote:

> When I try with TeleType GPS in monitor mode, I can see the receiver
> sends something to the Newton.

> When I'm indoors, this is pretty (pretty
> stable, but also pretty useless as it can't acquire satellite signals,
> right!?), when I'm out of doors it it prettier: it gets a position and
> then returns an error message.

Oops...somehow, I missed this in your post.

An error message?

> After that the GPS receiver doesn't
> transmit anymore, but the Newton is still running and TeleType GPS can
> be normally closed.

This is weird...Johannes Wolf suggestion about using a terminal program
to set up the "NMEA" word format sounds like good idea too.

Still, it maybe related the "cold start" issue anyhow. Take it for a 10
or 15 minute ride and let it breathe some fresh air. I had the same
experience until I drove around with mine.

Ron

--
---