Re: [NTLK] Is Newbie's 2100 dying?

From: James Lee (kingjames_at_shaw.ca)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 03:53:01 PDT

Hi Woody,

Thank you for pointing the direction.

However, I have tried all four of Frank's reset methods numerous times
prior but to no avail. As for disassembling my MP, Frank on that page
appeared to have been trying to mend a display problem rather than a
start-up problem. As a newbie, perhaps I may actually be having a
display problem when I thought that I might be having a start-up
problem.

Interestingly though, I read on his FAQ of a very similar problem
afflicting MP100s. The solution involves cracking open the MP and
cleaning out the contacts on the on/off switch. Maybe I should try that
on my MP. Who knows?

James