Re: [NTLK] 'Clio NXT' (ideal Newton emu hardware?)

From: dan.thaning_at_gmail.com
Date: Sat Apr 23 2005 - 16:06:48 PDT

Alex Santos wrote:

>I know little about Intel based PCs but I thought it was possible to
>install any compatible Windows OS on a compatible Intel chip. The
>ClioNXT has an Intel PXA255 processor at 400 MHz with Intel XScaleT
>technology. What is compatible with this processor? Only win CE.NET 4.2
>Pro or are there other candidates?

First Xscale is a processor in the ARM-family just like the
ARM-processors in the Newtons(StrongARM in the MP2000/2100) and
Ipaqs(and most other new PocketPCs), second I think the Clio is like
other WinCE and PocketPCs it loads the os of a flashrom. Just like the
Compaq Ipaq or other PocketPCs so it needs a hack to run linux.
OSes for ARM-processors is Linux and BSD-variants, other closed ones is
RISC OS, WinCE, PalmOS, NewtonOS and many more.