Re: [NTLK] need advice on emate hinge and battery rebuild

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 18:41:09 PDT

I do battery re-cells for $25 or $20 with the spring repair. Not as
pretty as original but fit and work.
I think that the major problem with re-celling either type of battery
pack is heat. If you aren't using cells with soldering tabs this can
be an issue.

Most of the screws are steel and go into either plastic or aluminum,
care must be taken to not start them cross threaded as it is very
difficult to correct.

I believe that stiffer opening pressure is normal.

Woody