Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Brilliant new ebooks challenge!

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 12:59:41 PDT

Newton ebook challenge update:

Dan rulez. He delivered "Blind Shrike" (CC-licensed, 2005 =
brand-new!), with kind support from Clayton Mitchell, and the book is
online at
http://www.stillnewt.org/library/_Fiction/_Fantastic%20Literature/
_Fantasy/Kadrey,%20Richard%20-%20Blind%20Shrike%20(2005)/ .

I'm very impressed how this played out, and reading the progress reports
through NTLK was nearly as epic as the Volsunga Saga (but judge
yourself: http://marc.10east.com/?t=111272300500005&r=1&w=2
http://www.stillnewt.org/library/_Fiction/Morris,%20William%20(1834
-1896)%20-%20Sigurd%20the%20Volsung/)! ;=}

So now I have some new reading material, and you all have to -- thanks
to the author Richard Kadrey's generousity and Digital Dan's and
Charltons labour.

Kudos to you, folks!

So how about that other book I'd called a challenge for? It's Eric von
Hippel's brilliant "Democratizing Innovation" (don't take my word for
it -- boingboing.net recommended it) and still available at
http://web.mit.edu/evhippel/www/books.htm .
C'mon guy 'n' gals, you got the stuff it takes to do this -- and if you
don't have it, you can get it at UNNA, at the Wiki and any other
questions and support through NTLK.

I'd love to see a newbie tackle this one, try her or his mettle with
Newton
Press or Bookmaker/NTK (detailed instructions: See Dan's tutorial at
UNNA).
Why not give something back to the community -- anybody can make Newton
ebooks, even clumsy-fingers and non-coders. Heck, even complete morons
can,
else I'd have *nevah* gotten *any* newtbook out there... Sure ain't
rocket
science. So, hey n00bs, where ya at?! ;=]

Just remember: "A fool not her who failed, but him who never tried."
Also: "Don't ask what your Newton can do for you, ask what you can do
for
your Newton!"
Finally: "E = mc2"

...and now git to it!