Re: [NTLK] MP2K1 w/Ser01 Card - case cracked

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 07:54:17 PDT

On 4/15/05, Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net> wrote:
> Some people have used a countersink to make the screw head flush with the
> board. Illustration:
>=20
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=3Dnewtontalk&m=3D99843471830806&w=3D2
>=20
> I wish that they were made this way in the first place :( I'm sure that =
David
> would have done it if his PCB fab could do it.

That's what the problem is... hmm - well a short cut in doing that -
that I use is to use a Philips Screw bit in my Drill and run it in the
hole to create the counter sink cut-out... unless you happen to have a
counter sink drill bit of the correct size...

I will keep that in mind when I install them for others then...
(if they still don't come that way)=20

Now I've got to get out my smaller vise clamps to do some test runs on
older PCBs with my drill bits to see which one will make the
appropriate size counter sink hole... (it all depends of course on the
screw but I'm not sure if I have one that small) A possible one for
the Wikki
--=20
God bless,

Sonny Hung