Re: [NTLK] Repair hinge pin or just oil it on eMate?

From: Winston MacKelvie (winstonworks_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 18:11:03 PDT

I posted about oiling the hinge having done that to my eMate. The steel
rod of the hinge is visible in the small gap between the hinging screen
and the eMate body. I used a Teflon fortified oil from a hobby shop but
any light oil (ie sewing machine oil or 3-in-one oil) will be better
than none. Use a toothpick or fine wire to carry a small drop of oil
onto the steel hinge pin. It will naturally migrate to where it is
needed. If you prefer, do one pin at a time and leave the eMate on its
edge so that the oil will preferentially flow by gravity down onto the
spring (the culprit) for that side and repeat for the other some hours
later.

Regards,
Winston
www.inventure.ca