Re: [NTLK] perfect hardware

From: dan.thaning_at_gmail.com
Date: Sun Apr 10 2005 - 16:31:45 PDT

Alex Santos wrote:

>Adriano,
>
>Have you ever tried typing with one hand? I have, while holding my
>baby, and is it was not easy. Granted the link someone provided for the
>one handed keyboard appears to have more or less full sized keys - I
>don't see the purpose. I still believe a foldable keyboard would be the
>best.
>
>I assume a one handed keyboard would be an interface nightmare. Correct
>me if I am wrong. Anyone have experience with one handed keyboards?

I have, one handed qwerty even:-)
I used a TI-92 http://www.ticalc.org/basics/calculators/ti-92.html to
type many school papers, developed my own one-handed qwerty style.
I put the swedish åäö on the F-keys( look at the layout here
http://www.ticalc.org/images/calcs/92-big.gif). To this day I still
type sligthly faster with one hand than with two because I never
learned learned proper qwerty.
I also have a Jornada 720, but I´m disappointed with the keyboardof that
because there is no space between the keys so it really easy to hit the
wrong key.
I have also used the alphabetical keyboard on the other texas
instruments graphing calculators for shorter notes.
But who really needs a keyboard with a HWR as good as Newtons?

Thats why I keep arguing for bluetooth keyboards because
1. You can get your own countrys layout (swedish vowels åäö is almost as
common as aeo in swedish a keyboard without them is useless for swedish )
2. if you want something diffrent like frogpad you can get it
3. it´s your own choice, if you dont want one you dont have to.