Re: [NTLK] Survey - Newton and midi

From: varistor_at_verizon.net
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 20:42:37 PDT

On Apr 9, 2005, at 10:11 PM, Adriano wrote:

> So this is the target idea:
> - you use your MessagePad for recording midi on the road,
> then come back home and would love to U/L that midi on your favourite
> desktop software
>
> Did anyone tried this?
>
> Another question,
> Yoshio Hirose (MidiX author) reports about midi recording on Newton:
> " It may not accurate as you expect, but it sure is a
> better-than-nothing feature".
> I would love to hear your experience about that.

Well, I've never actually tried uploading/downloading MIDI files with
my Newton...I have a serial connection and a terminal emulator, and
could probably do it.

As for accuracy, I assume that was with regards to playing back
relatively complicated MIDI files. All I've done is recording and
playing back myself playing to/from the keyboard. It's not terribly
complicated music, and as far as I can tell, the Newton handles it
fine.

Cheers