Re: [NTLK] Survey - Newton and midi

From: Adriano (adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 19:11:04 PDT

Il giorno 10/apr/05, alle 03:30, varistor_at_verizon.net ha scritto:

I've been using MIDI with my MessagePad 2100 for a while now.
I'm using MIDIX with an old (1987) Apple MIDI <-> Serial adapter (for
Macintosh),
which works well. Also, my electronic keyboard has a serial port, which
also works with MIDIX,
no MIDI required.

Using MidiX you can
  - import a midi file via host connection
  - record a midi file via midi controller (i.e. playing on a player
piano and record directly on the MP2k)

So this is the target idea:
  - you use your MessagePad for recording midi on the road,
then come back home and would love to U/L that midi on your favourite
desktop software

Did anyone tried this?

Another question,
Yoshio Hirose (MidiX author) reports about midi recording on Newton:
" It may not accurate as you expect, but it sure is a
better-than-nothing feature".
I would love to hear your experience about that.

Many thanks

Adriano