Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Brilliant new ebooks challenge!

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 14:19:32 PDT

DJ Vollkasko wrote:
> Wow, sensational! There are two brilliant new books available for free,
> check that out:
>

> 1. Blind Shriek (SF/Fantasy)
>
> Richard Kadrey is one of the original guard of cyberpunk authors; his
> Metrophage is a classic of the genre. He's just posted the full text of
> his
> latest novel, Blind Shrike, to the web as a free PDF download (CCL):
> http://www.infinitematrix.net/stories/novels/blindshrike.html .

Well I tried to convert the PDF into plain text. But it was a
nightmare. Words half missing, dashes all over the place. Sadly I
don't have time right now to read the whole book and fix it as I go (it
would involve reading everything twice and comparing the txt to the PDF
in its current state). If someone can make a decent txt version, I will
make a NewtonBook out of it. Or I can also pass on what I have so far
if someone wants do some major cleanup work.

-Dan