Re: [NTLK] NewtBee Comm Update v.1.1.2

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Apr 03 2005 - 09:16:41 PDT

JP wrote:
> Hi folks;
>
> hmm...Seems that the concensus on what I can expect to receive (NMP
> 2000) is a machine w/1mb RAM and smaller heap; the RAM can be augmented
> via CF. This is confirmed upgradable. Yes? The heap doesn't seem to be.
*snip*
Oh I forgot to mention you probably should read here
http://www.mac3.de/sig/newton/memory_cards.html it talks about the
different cards that work with the Newt "out of the box". But you will
probably have to buy them used. If you do buy a used linear flash card,
make SURE it was not used in a router. Cards used in a router generally
do not have many write cycles left and will die on you after awhile.

-Dan