Re: [NTLK] [OT] IBM Model M

From: Raj Patel (phigmov_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 15:57:51 PDT

> And you know what sucks?

Oh no I sense something bad is about to happen . . .

> While clearing out the attic getting ready to move, I
> threw out a whole box of ancient keyboards.

Aaaarrgggh

> If
> only I had known...

Its strange that such an odd peripheral has such a cult following . . .

Actually even some old Wyse 286 dumb-terminals had pretty cool
keyboards. Ah the halcyon days of bootroms, novell, dos, wordperfect,
xywrite and quattro . . .

It seemed like everything back then was engineered to last - I bet if
the Newton was built like the original Palm there would be much fewer
of them surviving today.

:-)

Raj.