Re: [NTLK] [OT] IBM Model M

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 15:04:21 PDT

And you know what sucks?
While clearing out the attic getting ready to move, I
threw out a whole box of ancient keyboards. There were
probably 20 keyboards in there from Keytronics, IBM,
Liteon, and some generic ones too! I remember picking
up an anciend Keytronic keyboard and showing it to my
wife and commenting on how freaking heavy it was! If
only I had known...
Ed
web/gadget guru.

--- Rhonda Hyslop <0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net>
wrote:

> * Raj Patel <phigmov_at_gmail.com> [27 Sep 2004 17:58]:
> > >Model M users unite! Beat down your enemies with
> the heft of a 5 lb
> > >steel-clad keyboard!
> >
> > Incidentally Model-M hacks -
> >
> > http://www.modelm.org/thing.htm
>
> Oh hey, I have one of those - sort of. I have the
> "ruined" version
> according to that site. IBM -> lexmark -> "unicomp
> model M" (it even
> says "Model M" on the back :-)
>
> Nice and noisy, excellent tactile feedback. Truly a
> great keyboard :-)
>
> -Rhonda

=====
"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
 - Benjamin Franklin