Re: [NTLK] Newton Dock - internal modem

From: Roman Pixell (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 14:30:24 PDT

On Sep 28, 2004, at 11:08 PM, Adriano wrote:

> Although i am working to the dock since a month,
> i received and fully configured a good working Farallon 'Netline'
> Wi-Fi PCMCIA this last weekend
> only, so i really never imagined about having it built in my dock.

cool start

i believe that in order to become really useful, it should have WDS
(Wireless Distribution System) in order to extend the current wifi
network. otherwise, its just like popping a wireless card in the newt,
i guess.

> Have you got some pdf about a Newt compatible Wi-Fi PCMCIA circuitry
> configuration?
> Although i will start myself the research on the net, some link will
> be of real help too.

no, it was just a weird idea. i doubt its possible even, since the
newton ROM only has got serial.
i think the schlumberger used simple serial for the sync. it was just
small amounts of data, anyway, what youre trying to create should be
designed for larger data transfers, like backups or software installs.

/ ®

roman pixell, freelancer
karmatic experience group
stockholm sweden