Re: [NTLK] printing q

From: Roman Pixell (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 05:53:08 PDT

On Sep 27, 2004, at 2:41 PM, karel Jansens wrote:

> If you happen to have a spare Linux-capable computer with USB and
> ethernet, an ethernet card for your Newt and a crossover ethernet
> cable, you can print PostScript-quality output rather easily.

actually, pauls reply was enough for me to get it runinng on OS X!
i figured it doesnt crash, but sketches kan take a while to process.
some other issues:

1) the newton does not print with the font specified, but with the
default font, which is either fancy or times new roman, i believe.
2) the setup described at http://www.kallisys.com/newton/lpr/ did NOT
work for me - instead i had to enter the IP address of the mac
(xxxxx.local doesnt work)
3) make sure that the printer que is exactly the same as on the mac
side (see print center, select printer, click "i")
4) the print job does not show up on the mac while it is sending data
5) it is not possible to print to a the PDF Printer (at least i didnt
not succeed)

warmest regards,

/ ®

roman pixell, freelancer