[NTLK] should I deal with Ferdi?

From: Charles Kuttner (ckuttner_at_jhu.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 16:21:24 PDT

Folks, I'm a newbie to the list. Last week or so, I posted a question
about serial board replacements for my 2100, and Ferdi emailed me
directly. I bought one of his boards on ebay, packed up my Newton + my
check to send, but the young lady at Kinko's messed up the address, so
it never left Portland. It's sitting at Kinko's, waiting for me to give
them his correct address or just cancel the shipping.

Beside the fact he doesn't really contribute to the list, is his
product unreliable? It's sounds like maybe I need to cancel my order
with Ferdi, find this PCBman and buy from him.

but I will await the wisdom of the Newters....

thanks in advance

chas

Charles Kuttner, MD
Portland, OR, USA
http://cmug.com/~ckuttner/
-----
In the councils of government we must guard against the acquisition of
unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the
military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of
misplaced power exists and will persist.

Dwight D. Eisenhower, speech (farewell address, 1961)