Re: [NTLK] I found a GPS PCMCIA Card! But it won't work :(

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 16:21:25 PDT

On Wednesday, September 22, 2004, at 03:38 PM,
newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:
> On my eMate I installed PT100 and plugged this card in once again.
> When I
> connected PT100 to the serial port with the right parameters, I could
> see the
> NMEA sentences coming through. So, despite the error when inserting,
> this
> card still works!

I'm still not sure where that error is from, but from the specs, the
card sure SHOULD work.

[...]
> So I took a walk outside and fired up TeleType. Since this receiver
> has been
> 'cold' for a while I don't think I was outside long enough to get a
> fix. BUT
> on the Teletype monitor screen I could see the NMEA sentences coming
> through,
> so yay! It should work :)

Great! Congrats, glad it's working. "You can't get better precision
short of $5000". Truth. :)

All your entries in Newtons Around the World should now be accompanied
by a GPS screen capture in future :)

Brian

--
... we parted each feeling