Re: [NTLK] Backup and brainwipe cycle sans Dongle

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 00:12:45 PDT

I would recommend not to do a backup,
if you want to make sure that you get rid of all the (hidden) unwanted
stuff.
If you do a backup, system info will be stored as well and that is the place
where also personal information is in...

I would propose the following:

1) check what is on the memory card
2) if nothing important, format it.
3) MOVE (copy will often not work) the packages needed for your wireless
connection to the card
4) Double check if all you need is on the card
5) remove the card
6) do the brainwipe
7) perform the initial steps required (user name, telephone ...)
8) insert the card again
9) move the packages back onto your Newt
10) use the wireless connection to install the other packages you want

I have tested that procedure successfully several times, because in
principle this is the same for an ethernet card/connection...

Cheers,
Johannes

http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/