Re: [NTLK] Backup and brainwipe cycle sans Dongle

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 13:56:56 PDT

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:41:11 -0400, Adam Tingle <adamtingle_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> If I follow the procedure you recommended, wouldn't the 'cruft' get
> backed up onto the card and restored in the end? Or can I only backup
> the packages and not any data?

What I do is the following -

When you select Back Up you can do the following:
1) Data(s) - you can pick and choose by checking each item listed.
2) Application(s) - you can back up all or nothing.

When you select Restore you can do the following:
1) Data(s) - you can pick and choose by checking each item listed.
2) Application(s) - you can pick and choose by checking each item listed.

I use the Back Up to when I include Applications on Memory Cards I
sell that way you can install what ever you want selectively. For
Data(s) this is nice when you just want to save all your Names but
wipe out all the rest or Names & Dates,... etc.

HTH

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung