Re: [NTLK] Regarding ModPlayer

From: Vaguely Radio (vradio_at_maine.rr.com)
Date: Sat Sep 04 2004 - 05:12:46 PDT

On Saturday, September 4, 2004, at 01:10 AM, Hemant Kamat wrote:

> I believe the formats of XM/S3M/IT are quite different; it may be
> necessary
> to program routines for each independently. Instead, with support for
> 32
> channel mods, we could always convert XM/S3M/IT into MOD using the free
> ModPlug Tracker http://www.modplug.com.

The formats are quite different. The problem with converting (for
example) IT files to Mod files is that Impulse Tracker supports audio
envelopes, a much greater array of effects such as retriggers, more
granular audio panning, etc., and much of those would be lost in
conversion. By golly we need a native IT player!

D.