Re: [NTLK] [POLL] What's Your favorite Newton?

From: Steve (ml-subscribe_at_xydyx.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 23:51:45 PDT

I think overall my favorite Newton would have to be the MP2000. The
2100 did have a lot more memory and might be "better" but the 2000 is
my favorite. I think the MP2000 was the first Newt to make good on the
promise that the Newton was a computing platform and not merely a fancy
accessory. The MP130 almost did that with NOS 2.0 and the backlight but
the screen still left a bit to be desired, as well as only having a
single PCMCIA slot.

Out of the MP1x0 series Newts I like the 100 and 130 the best. The
MP100 was comfortable to hold and write on and had a decent enough of a
screen. It was also small enough to fit in an oversized pocket and none
too heavy. The MP130 was extremely nice because its screen is very
comfortable and the backlight is a much needed feature.