Re: [NTLK] Hot Newton

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 11:51:55 PDT

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 02:24:36PM -0400, Jeremy Fisher wrote:
> I left my Newton in the car for about an hour earlier today, it is kind
> of hot outside and sunny, and I guess because my car was in the sun it
> got hot pretty quickly. When I got back in my car and tried to turn on
> my Newton, nothing happened. It was pretty hot, especially the
> batteries. So, I tried letting it cool down, still nothing. I tried
> switching the batteries, nothing. Has anyone else had similar
> problems? If so or if not, does anyone have any advice as to how I can
> get it working again?

Try any of the methods described in the Newton hardware FAQ, which is
very easy to find in any webserch.

Top five questions

* IIC6a My Newton won't turn on. What should I do?
* IIA1e I have a Newton model H1000. What is this?
* IIIB3 How do I connect the Newton to my Mac/PC?
* IIB2a Which modem can I use?Are there drivers for my modem?
* IIA1f I heard a rumor that Apple is making a new Newton. Is this true?

--
87. My vats of hazardous chemicals will be covered when not in use. Also, I
    will not construct walkways above them.