Re: [NTLK] Microsoft MN-520 successful

From: Josef Chessor (josefcub_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 11:28:26 PDT

Phyllis,

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 14:16:07 -0400, Phyllis Evans <pmevans_at_mac.com> wrote:
> Let me start by saying that I'm a complete eMate/Newton novice,
> although I go back with Apple to the Classic and PowerBook 100. Picked
> up an eMate a couple of weeks ago, added a new battery and have been
> having fun with it. Have it communicating with my eMac, at least to the
> point of being able to install via Escale. (Keyspan arrived this
> morning.)

Well, welcome to the Newton community!

> And will someone please explain why we are drawn
> to this aging technology? In my case, is it because I can't afford to
> own a classic Mustang or T-Bird?

I'd have to say I'm drawn to the Newton because I've been using it
since the mid-90s, and none of the current palmtop/handheld/tablet
computers on the market does what I need, or how I prefer to do it.
I'd rather stick by my trusty Newton than have to force myself to
adapt to another hardware platform that lacks the personal flexibility
the Newton has always offered me. Or, it could have just been because
of those pretty rainbow Apple stickers. I'll never know. ;)

Josef. ;)