Re: [NTLK] Microsoft MN-520 successful

From: Phyllis Evans (pmevans_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 11:16:07 PDT

Let me start by saying that I’m a complete eMate/Newton novice,
although I go back with Apple to the Classic and PowerBook 100. Picked
up an eMate a couple of weeks ago, added a new battery and have been
having fun with it. Have it communicating with my eMac, at least to the
point of being able to install via Escale. (Keyspan arrived this
morning.)

On the basis of what I’ve gleaned from this list, I went ahead and
ordered the MN-520 card to tie into my Airport network, figuring that
the patched driver would be available by the time it arrived. Any word
on when it will be available? Can I be a beta tester for it? Can I
bribe anyone into letting me have an advanced copy? Needless to say,
the card just arrived. And will someone please explain why we are drawn
to this aging technology? In my case, is it because I can’t afford to
own a classic Mustang or T-Bird?

Phyllis Evans pmevans_at_mac.com
Redford, MI

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who get
binary and those who don't.