Re: [NTLK] Thanks for....? (WAS: Using Hiroshi's WLAN driver)

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 19:52:34 PDT

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 20:20:29 EDT, cwashiidcvrmtrs_at_aol.com
<cwashiidcvrmtrs_at_aol.com> wrote:

> Turns out, all I needed to do was to click one lil' extra selection to make
> the driver talk to the Apple software. I'll bet if anyone cared someone would
> have caught that DAYS AGO and instructed me on what to do....

Craig, I can only speak for myself - you're dealing with a group of
people (Newtonians) that are ALL different. I sometimes refrain from
speaking up for one reason - it feels like I'm talking TOO much.
Sometimes I have, and people are so kind at times to remind me of a
mistake off list. That's one reason I did not respond - other than
like what others have said - I'm not familiar with the card.

Another items you should be aware of is that not everyone reads these
post everyday. I recently came to the conclusion that I'm addicted and
have begun weening myself fron responding to posts. On the otherhand
it's nice to hear from others as they share things from different
angles which at times is news to me. Last but not least are those who
read this list in digest mode. This prevents them from answering until
they see it. Others have full lives and will read them weekly. People
do have their regular lives to attend to. Hey I understand, I'm
impatient and want to get my Newt doing the latest and greatest right
away....

> So what is the deal? Is this a help list, OR just a place for lively,
> creative Newton-tinged banter?

I would say that this list encompasses ALL that you listed and more...
and if you take the time to learn you may find a few new friends from
all over the globe you might someday soon be eating dinner with in the
future...or maybe sooner.

Well I'm glad you got your answer, I think it's even better when we
discover it ourselves...and if you wouldn't mind sharing how you got
the card actually work - this might assist others who decide to use
the same card.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung