Re: [NTLK] Setting protoPopupButton.txt in NewtonScript

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 03:01:38 PDT

Aux environs du 28/10/04 à 17:00 -0700, sous le titre "[NTLK] Setting
protoPopupButton.txt in NewtonScript", Blake Patterson prit sa plus
belle plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>I have two protoPopupButtons on a window in
>NewtonScript. I want the pickActionScript of one
>button to set the 'text' attribute of the other.
>
>Let's say there's buttonOne and buttonTwo.
>
>So in buttonOne's pickActionScript, I tried:
>
>buttonTwo.text := "new text";
>
>and also tried:
>
>SetValue(buttonTwo.text,'text,"new text");
>
>...and neither works. What am I missing here?

The first doesn't tell the button to update.
The second's syntax is wrong. It would rather be:
SetValue(buttonTwo, 'text, "new text");

I'm not sure it would work, tho. I don't like protoPopupButton
interface, I prefer protoLabelPicker.

Most buttons like this are actually made of several views and you
might need to redo them entirely (with :RedoChildren()).

Paul

--
Ministre plénipotentiaire en disponibilité.
Baignoire à vendre.