Re: [NTLK] This 3Com WiFi card work w/ MP2x00?

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 20:53:28 PDT

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:51:19 -0700 (PDT), Blake Patterson
<blakespot_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does this 3Com WiFi card, with retractible antenna,
> work with the newt?
>
> http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/detail.jsp?tab=features&pathtype=purchase&sku=3CRPAG175

Blake,

Seeing the System Requirements from the 3Com website that follow...

Notebook PC with an available Type II or III 32-bit or PC Card slot (3.3V)

The 32-bit denotation tell me that it likely will NOT work... boohoo.
It looked good as the picture show no copper strip which is a sure
sign of a 32-bit card. I'm going to say you need to really ask them on
the phone to make sure. And while there check with them about the
chipset used. As it's the Hermes or Prism chipset most cards that work
with the WaveLAN driver use.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung