Re: [NTLK] newton 2000 connection question

From: Puckdropper (puckdropper_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 20:48:51 PDT

Questions are a good thing. Don't worry if they sound
dumb, as the only dumb questions are the ones you
don't want to know the answer to.

What exactly are you trying to do? Connect the Newton
2000 to a Mac? You'll need the dongle. You can use
the same cable as your 120 uses, but you have to have
the dongle to connect it.

If you want to connect the 2000 to a PC, then you can
use the PC cable. The oblong (DB-9) connector is only
used on PCs.

I suppose you could take a PC cable and wire it to a
Mac... It would be the opposite of this:
http://www.the-monkey.net/things/newton/serialadapter.php

Puckdropper