Re: [NTLK] More Newton media coverage

From: matt (mkaake_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 07:32:19 PDT

I picked up a second newton for free in a similar manner. The second
day I had my Newt (which was only about 3 weeks ago), I took it to
work with me to see how well it would integrate into my daily
workflow. A co-worker was walking past my desk when he saw my newton.
He got excited, and continued to tell me that he used to have a
newton, but he hadn't touched it in about 5 years. He then asked if I
would want to pick it up for free, because he would rather see someone
who would use it, than see it sit in a desk.
Not a bad deal. An absolutely mint MP130 (no scratches anywhere, and a
backlight bright enough to reflect off of a person's face in the
daylight), along with some software he had bought for it, as well as a
4 meg flash card, serial cable, and the original disks containing NCU
for windows.
Needless to say, I was pleased. So was my wife, who became an avid
Newt user (on the 130) overnight. Everywhere we go, people ask about
our Newtons, and my wife's friends are always telling her that she's
so 'up to date with technology'.
Ahh, I love my Newt...