Re: [NTLK] SimpleMail problems Please Help !! Hello Glen !

From: Rob Perkins (robhtp_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 17 2004 - 10:59:04 PDT

Hello Glen, I havent had any luck getting my mail
working , I have tried dialup "which you can set up a
free one thru roadrunner" I have also tried to
connect thru my network broadband connection .

I dont know what else to to and im close to giving up
on the idea . with the dialup I can get the moden to
dial but it fails to log me in ( I have re-entered my
username and pass again and again everything is
correct but no go !! , And on the broadband I got it
connected but when I try to send mail it fails again
!! . for some reason I had to switch the setting from
DHCP Server " which is normally what I would think you
should use " to manual and enter my routers "gateway"
address . then I got it to connect but no mail .

I started using Simple mail with no luck and decieded
to give Eudora, which I like a little better because
it functions more like a real email program but again
it fails to check or send mail with dialup or
broadband , I even setup dialup on my PowerMac G5
just to see if I could send and check mail and it
worked perfect with the same info im feeding my
newtons , I have tried this on my MP130 and my MP2000.

I have know been beating my brain trying to get this
stupid Newtsync to sync my address book on my G5 to my
MP2000 , It works fine on my MP130 that I just sold on
eBay but it dont do a thing on my Newt MP2000.

Cheers, Rob