Re: [NTLK] another question, this time..serial connections

From: Coleff, Patrick (patrick.coleff_at_thomson.com)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 09:32:47 PDT

>Patrick,
>Nice idea. One way to try it is to email it to yourself. That'll put it
in
>the inbox. The inbox lets you send it back out. If it works, this is a
way
>around the bootstrap problem.

That would work perfectly. Though I have to figure out how to do that. Is
there any way to e-mail something to the MP120 over the serial connection?
I tried using NIE 1.1 Direct Serial. I know my computer's IP address, but
everytime I try to connect using something like SimpleMail, it sends the
user name and PW I setup for the login (My computer is running Windows 2000)
and then it sits at the "Waiting for PPP recognition" stage until it times
out. I'm not sure if there's something I need to do on my end or that I need
to look for to get it to work?

thanks much

>From: "Coleff, Patrick" <patrick.coleff_at_thomson.com>
>Subject: [NTLK] another question, this time..serial connections
>Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:25:49 -0500
>As I mentioned in my last post, I am trying to transfer files to my MP2000
>from my MP120. This has gone along swimmingly, until I tried to install
NIE.