[NTLK] wavelan

From: Nicholas Papadakos (panic_at_umbrela.org)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 06:29:21 PDT

Hello,

I just got a Newton last week from ebay and would like to make it work with
wireless.

I have a lucent bronze turbo wireless (actually lots of them) and I tried to
used them with the Newton but without any success.

I have tried numerous versions of the wavelan driver by Hiroshi but with no
success.

Using the latest one available in the website I manage to get the some
activity on the network card (lights go green) but they go off after a
while.

An older version of the driver looked like ti was doing some more work as
the leds where like they were working fine ( the power led was always on and
the data was blinking)

However I couldn't manage to view any webpage in my local network ( I set up
ofc NIE 2.0 etc etc) or online

I used numerical address to exclude dns error but still nothing.

The card works perfectly on my laptop with generic winxp drivers.

Looking in the archive I found a fellow that had managed to use the same
card using some old beta drivers, but I couldn't find any more info or
anything else

If someone could help me I would be very grateful as I have spend 3 days and
I hit a wall.

Regards,

Nicholas Papadakos