Re: [NTLK] cards that work in an eMate

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Oct 10 2004 - 14:47:14 PDT

> It was my understanding that the eMate was pretty
> much limited to writing to cards of up to four meg?

Not in my experience. I know that Apple once said this
because (probably) they haven't tested it with higher
capacity cards. I had no problem putting one of these
20MB cards into an OMP, format it, put the "Elements of
style" book onto it and actually read this book.

> I have personally tried numerous cards over the past
> year: 8, 10, 16, 20, and 32meg. None of these cards
> could be written to from my eMate.

The reason for that isn't size, but the technology used.

> I would not doubt that Frank found one that worked
> or hit it with a hammer or something, until the card
> was beaten into submission and functioned.

Never tried to get my wishes across with a hammer as
far as cards are concerned. But I'm inclined to think
that this would be one of the few cases of failure :-)

Cheers

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de