Re: [NTLK] [OT] Apple G4 500 MHz 15'' Titanium PowerBook - fair price?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 10:06:21 PDT

On Oct 7, 2004, at 6:18 AM, DJ Vollkasko wrote:
<snip>
> BT: I'll follow Eckart's recommendation and get myself a Sphinx Pico BT
> PC-Card for my Dr. Gruendelstein 2g00. But what should I use for BT on
> the
> Powerbook? A D-Link USB-stick has been recommended, but I dislike the
> thought of having stuff sticking out on the back. Has anybody ever
> tested
> the Pico cards in a Powerbook?
Hmmm,

No, but I agree that the USB thumb that I have is a but of a pain...

Two thoughts.

1) I think that your PB has IR? If so you might be able to use Nitro?

2) There are several hacks that involve soldering a USB based
Bluetooth thumb into the Tibook. Look over at XLR8yourmac.com and
www.macbidouille.com.

The Macbidouille hac is especially cool since they used the BT module
that Apple had provided as "built in" in the ibook and hooked it the
port that used to support IR (they did it in a newer PB that excluded
the IR).

If you do find a PCMCIA solution that is nice please share!

Marty