Re: [NTLK] Does anyone know of a CF adapter to accept SD cards?

From: RossO (newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 17:44:17 PDT

On Oct 6, 2004, at 4:00 PM, Sonny Hung wrote:
> Hey does anyone know of or ever heard of a CF adapter to use SD cards?

After an extensive search, I found and bought one that works.

I purchased the "Verbatim CompactFlash Trio Adapter" through Amazon.

Be aware, however, that the CF->SD adapter does have exactly the same
form factor as a CF card, it is a bit longer (at least the one I
bought) and the SD card does not fit completely inside the CF card, and
so your end up with a 2 dimensional ziggurat sticking out of the side
of your Newt. This makes it completely impractical for traveling with
the SD card inserted in the Newton.

I had hoped that I could use the adapter to use SD cards in my Newt as
well as my Canon digital camera that takes CF cards, but since the
adapter is longer than a normal CF card, I couldn't close the door on
it, and the camera won't turn on with the door open. So that idea is
out the door, so to speak.

...Ross...

--
Newton Owner since 1999: MP2000, Wi-Fi, OS X syncing, Avi's Backdrop,
MMC/SD-based storage via ATAdapter, occasional Web server.