[NTLK] Waaayy off topic, monitor question

From: Dale A. Raby (daleraby_at_tds.net)
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 18:33:54 PDT

This one is driving me nuts and nobody seems to have an answer... so
I'll turn to the Newtonians.

I've got a Mag Innovision 770FS monitor. It's large and it seems to
work fine when viewing the text of the OS booting up, but as soon as
X-windows comes into play, the entire screen is blurred. I've tried
different resolutions, different refresh rates, but the only thing that
seems to help is viewing the screen through a small aperture held close
to my eye. This doesn't makes sense really as the only effect viewing
through an aperture should have is to reduce the brightness and increase
depth of field... and since the monitor is essentially a flat field,
increasing depth of field should have no effect... unless I am missing
something.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks.

Dale

--
"Nothing is ever so bad that it couldn't be worse, and if it could be
worse than it is, then maybe it's not so bad!"... me