Re: [NTLK] ATA Card speed...

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 19:20:09 PDT

In my experience it all depends on what you do with the newton - if you
use the built in features, notes, PIM, etc. It's fine to have a high
read slow write card. Where this is a real PITA is web browsing - using
newtscape or courier, I see a MARKED drop in downloading pages and
rendering them to the screen. I still have my somewhat flaky linear
flash card - and by comparison it was FAST. If I could have it, my cf
card, and my wifi card connected at once I would (using the cf for apps
and data, and the lin flash as "swap") unfortunately the mp2100 only
has 2 pcmcia slots, so I can't really do it that way.

If you don't need to input data really fast (web browsing, regularly
installing new packages) you'll be fine.

J Tyler Nichols