[NTLK] PC Serial Connection Problems with 2100

From: Russell,Allen (Allen.Russell_at_boc.com)
Date: Tue Nov 16 2004 - 14:06:39 PST

Or, if you do have a modem in the Newton, email the package. Send to
yourself, download it via email to the Newton, Put Away to Extras
Or, if an NYC get together ever happens, someone can beam it to you.

Allen

>Subject: Re: [NTLK] PC Serial Connection Problems with 2100
>> The thing that's frustrating about this is that, in the absence of a
serial
>> dongle, I have just been installing packages on me 120 and either beaming

>> them over to the 2100 or swapping the memory card. It worked fine until
>> now, when I want to mess around with wireless. I have a WaveLAN Silver,
and
>> just need to get the NIE packages onto the 2100. Hopefully thereafter I
can
>> just use wireless to communicate with the computer. But I appears that I

>> can't first put the NIE packages onto my 120 then bring them over. Or is

>> there a way that anyone would know? Really, I just need to get those
onto
>> the 2100.

 <snip>

>The only possible way around this without someone installing the
>packages on a card and sending you that,(and other than installing a
>SER-001 board) is to use a modem to modem transfer. Check
>http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/MODEMtoMODEM for details on
>this method.
>-Dan

* Allen.Russell_at_BOC.com

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the BOC Group plc or any of its affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked by anti-virus software for the presence of computer viruses. However, the BOC Group plc or any of its affiliates accepts no responsibility for any virus or defect that might arise from opening this e-mail or attachments.