Re: [NTLK] nSync 0.3.2 released

From: Nowhere Man (nowhereman77_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Nov 13 2004 - 10:33:51 PST

On Nov 13, 2004, at 8:04 AM, Glen Givens wrote:

> when I added notes to the meeting on the Newton, closed the meeting,
> opened
> the meeting again, the notes where not there.
> Where are the notes for the meetings going? Where are my meeting
> notes
> disappearing to? What am I doing wrong?

That's a new one. i hadn't heard that before. Was there any kind of an
error dialog when you edited and closed the meeting?

I can tell you that nSync does not sync notes associated with
iCal/Dates. It never has. The date syncing is probably the most lacking
of all the plugins. John wrote it as a demonstration of the AppleScript
architecture he built into nSync. I have always preferred to write my
plugins in Cocoa, and thus have been hesitant to mess much with date
syncing. But it is on my to do list for some future version. The
hardest part is finding time to work on nSync, but I'll get there
eventually ;-)

> On the Desk Top a file titled "Calendar Notes Soup.plist" appears
> with the
> following text shown (opened with Text Edit)
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

that is the file generated by the SoupLadel plugin. If you turn off the
SoupLadel it will stop appearing on your desktop.