Re: [NTLK] nSync 0.3.2 released

From: Glen Givens (CGivens3_at_neo.rr.com)
Date: Sat Nov 13 2004 - 07:04:19 PST

  Let me start off praising you for tackling this project. I have just tried
to sync Newton Meetings with iCal (this is the only app that I am working
with right now). All of the other syncing options are unchecked in the nSync
Preferences/Setup. I also want to mention that I have the Soup Ladle option
checked (in the nSync Preferences/Setup) with Calendar Notes highlighted in
the scrolling window.
  I started off with a blank Newton and a disposable version of iCal
meetings.
 I added a new meeting on the Newton with Notes. Synced with nSync. The
meeting shows up in iCal, fast, no problem, no notes.
  I waited (got a cup of coffee), edited the meeting in iCal (just added
with the Sync) by adding notes. Synced with nSync. Still no notes. In fact,
when I added notes to the meeting on the Newton, closed the meeting, opened
the meeting again, the notes where not there.
  Where are the notes for the meetings going? Where are my meeting notes
disappearing to? What am I doing wrong?
  A question for all Newtonians out there is how do I get my meeting notes
onto my desktop? Exporting delimited text takes me a long time to reformat.

  I have iCal 1.5.2 v637 on a Rev B iMac (G3? 233 MHz, 288 MB memory)
running OSX 10.2.8 with 1.4 GB of memory left on the drive partition that
all applications are running on. I have Newt Sync 0.3.2 (with the newly
revised ToDo fix installed and Address Sync Plus removed that was for the
older version of nSync) connecting via Serial, IP Address 192.168.2.39
(copied from Apple System Profiler). I am syncing with a MP2100 Rom version
2.1 (717260)-1 with only 83K of memory used.
  On the Desk Top a file titled "Calendar Notes Soup.plist" appears with the
following text shown (opened with Text Edit)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>records</key>