Re: [NTLK] Improving the pen interface...

From: Abraham Limpo Martínez (volcano_at_menta.net)
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 06:09:07 PST

There's no machine that doesn't you make learn a new input way. Even the
Newton. None of my newton recognized well my numbers, so I took a look at
the way it recognizes it and... well, it resulted I had to learn to write
numbers reversing my usual motion. And I never got the newton to recognice
my &'s.

And keyboard, what an ackward invention that places the keys in a way that
actually makes us more difficult to type (see DVORAK layout for english
people)... and how fast we can type when we learn to use it. I write faster
on my keyboard than by hand.

My point is: don't dismiss a new tecnology that can be lead to great
improvement in the future. People did with the OMP and look at us!