[NTLK] Newtontalk / e-mail annoyances

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 10:52:24 PST

I'm actually in a pretty good mood today, but this seems like a good time to
post some pet peeves of mine:
1. People who don't bother (or aren't considerate enough) to post a subject
in the subject line of their newtontalk.net e-mail submissions

2. People who don't use proper grammar and punctuation in their e-mail
notes. This one is more of a minor annoyance, but it shows a lack of consideration
for the receiver. I don't always utilize a spell-check tool myself, but I at
least give my e-mails the once-over before hitting the "Send" button.

3. People who don't return e-mail communication responses within a
reasonable time period (i.e. They ask you for something, you respond courteously, and
then they don't respond back).

4. People who think they have to post a long bit of code on the bulletin
board, rather than seeking help off-list for their config problems (Who wants to
read five pages of config code?)

5. Brilliant people who are easily capable of becoming involved within the
community and contributing, but would rather only post to the list when they
seek an answer for a Newton problem that affects them personally.

6. "Leaders" that don't lead.

Regards,

Matt K.