Re: [NTLK] Macsruscomputers again

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 09:45:13 PST

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 19:11:03 -0500, Tom Stock <tstock_at_tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> I've taken pictures of my "like new" newton:
>
> http://retroboxes.myvnc.com/likenew/

Tom,

I recall that there was a person who got alot of heat when he posted
about wanting to sell a bunch of newtons awhile back around april or
may. I think he represented actually RTI.org a non-profit org who did
surveys.
Seeing the wear pattern you show in your pictures I'm fairly certain
that your newton was one of their stock.

RTI.org sold large lots to resellers and recyclers and eventually
they ended up with MacsRUsComputers (can't say all of their units but
some at least). Gilco404 is selling units on eBay that
MacsRUsComputers is buying up and some of these are from RTI.org also.

One thing I noticed after buying an auction from Gilco404 is that they
may have been opened before they got them as I was told by the Owner
of Gilco404 that he signed a do not open clause when he bought them.
Being such I'm pretty sure they were fiddled with as some of my units
were missing a power switch, the stylus lock, and various other items
even though they looked fine from the outside.

These units are in the Buyer Beware category. They are making a profit
and do not really take the time to list each auction but use a generic
listing. But other than the screen having that wear pattern and the
scracths on the flip cover I would say it would be a decent deal if
you paid $65-70 for one...not more...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung