Re: [NTLK] Contents of a rescue card

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 01:01:37 PDT

> NIE2.0
> WaveLAN driver (the only ethernet card I have)
> ATAdapter
> (that pkg that autoopens the connection slip?)

What else you got on there?

>What was decided as the proper contents of a rescue card?

Well, for what Frank and Paul put on their Card Loan Programme-cards, see
the archive (would be nice to have a Wiki page about this... Anybody game?)

I've asked the same question twice last year, and while everybody agreed it
was a cool idea to have a First Aid Kit around, nothing else was
suggested... C'me on, there's gotta be some NOS 2.x patches one can't do
without - which are they?

Anyhow, this is what I have on my Newton First Aid Kit(TM):

NewtTest 1.0
NewtTest Help
DataRescue (auto-connects yer Newt even with a fractured screen and dead
digitizer)
IndexFixer (saved my data already once)
CurWatch
KeepTime (this any good for NOS 2.1?)
FixTrax
PackageBeeper (audible notification after a download).
SAI PrefsCleaner

What else belongs on there?
Which are the NOS 1.x/2.0/2.1 patches one can't do without? (Uh, somebody
knowlegeable pls. do a Wiki Page on that...)

DJV.