Re: [NTLK] Backup Card

From: lvr (lvrooy_at_iafrica.com)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 00:40:12 PDT

Berthe responded on 21mei04:
>To get the connection I do as described here:
>http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/EthernetConnection

Thanks, will have a look. I my case, NCU did work a few times from the Mac,
but suddenly just stopped working (timing out).

>I'm not sure I get it. Are you backing up (internal) TO the card?
>Or are you backing up the card-contents itself? Without NCU? Using
>what application?

Apologies if it was a bit unclear: I'm trying to backup the 32M card to the
Mac (OS8.5.1) using NCU over Ethernet (Pt. Pro PCMCIA Fax/Modem card in
PB5300).
I have a full (?) backup of the card (March, 2003); so it did work once
(hopefully- under prevailing circimstances, I don't want to try a Restore).

BTW, Robert B, I tried the mem. allocation thing (thanks, Jon G) but still
no go, as well as deleting the prefs.
I suppose I just have to play around and maybe it will start working again
(aka Berthe)- although I have been trying now for many months...

Thanks to all that responded, hope you can further help solve the mystery
once and for all (so I can stop pestering the list with trivial newbie-like
Q.s ...).
Very hard to beleive 'this is just the way things are'.

Les
ZAR