Re: [NTLK] Birthday Apps, a reprise...

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 10:56:00 PDT

Aux environs du 23/05/04 à 13:47 -0400, sous le titre "[NTLK]
Birthday Apps, a reprise...", Matthew Reidsrow prit sa plus belle
plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>Does anyone have any suggestions
>for a program that will add birthdays and anniversaries *and* work with
>a newer version of Avi's? Or should I just downgrade Avi's (and lose
>the random backdrop picture ability)?

The old behavior is still built-in, but the new one is selected by default.
With any NewtonScript evaluator (NTK, ViewFrame, NewtWorks'
Worksheets), evaluate this:

begin
  local thePrefs := GetAppPrefs('|Avi's Backdrop:AviD|, nil);
  thePrefs.useBirthdaysAviMethod := true;
  EntryChange(thePrefs);
end;

Then tapping the birthday zone should be enough to reload everything
with the old method.

However, I wouldn't suggest using the old method. It's much slower
and dates repeating events are less accurate than picking results
from the Names soup. And it's not supported. But indeed, the new
method requires every person with a birthday to have a card in Names.

If you want to revert to the new behavior, do the following:

begin
  local thePrefs := GetAppPrefs('|Avi's Backdrop:AviD|, nil);
  RemoveSlot(thePrefs, 'useBirthdaysAviMethod);
  EntryChange(thePrefs);
end;

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/